Friday, March 6, 2009

Almost in Germany.

This is day 4 :).
So after I left Rijssen I walked a little longer, making a total of only 12/15 km or so. I slept in a Bed and Breakfast though, so I slept in an actual bed, and had a chance to let my tent dry. And there was a TV so I got a chance to watch a really poor steven seagal movie :D. (which was actually pretty good ;)).
After a good nights sleep I set out again, to find out that it was still raining. The first 10km where tough, and the thought of just taking a bus really haunted me. But I didn't. I took a shortcut straight through Borne, where I asked someone if there was some place nearby where I could grab a bite and warm up a bit. He said he was headed towards such a place, so we went together. We talked about my trip, and his job as a caretaker (good translation for zorg?) for demented people. Sulaiman, nice to meet you if you read this :D.
So after that I headed out again, and felt much better. I made it all the way to Deuringen (so I walked 28-30 km's total). The first house where I knocked on the door was great. The people said something like "sure why not", and I was even invited to dinner. So now I'm here, on their computer while the parents are walking the dog. And that's it so far :).
I might try to upload my pictures here, but the camera installing takes the username + password.

Loving regards,

Ilja

4 comments:

jolanda said...

Ha lieve Ilja,
Fijn dat je weer een goed onderdak hebt. Hoe gaat het met je ruggie en heupen en voeten nu? Dank die lieve mensen namens je steeds met je reizende moeder!(je zou er moe van worden) Ik plan mijn eigen pelgrimstocht, want dit meeleven is maar 2e hands! Lekker warm douchen en slapen, en ik hoop dat je gauw went aan het geloop. Morgen gaat de zon voor je schijnen, maar zondag kan wel wat rommel uit de lucht geven!
Heel veel liefs van ons,
Moems.

Anonymous said...

Dear Ilja,

I like reading your messages ^^
It is nice to read what you're going through, and it seems to be kind of tough now and then ;-)
But I know you're going to make it (even though there's a long road to go ;-)) and we'll be in contact!

Lots of love!
And good luck!
Mary Ann

Roosje said...

he il,
ken je www.buienradar.nl ? daar kun je voor nederland een paar uur vooruit de regen zien (handig voor mij voor longboarden) maar ook europa voor 3 dagen vooruit... kun je kijken of je regen krijgt! handig? mama zit de hele dag achter de computer te wachten op je berichtje (ben nu op de boerderij), en tis hier nu hardstikke rustig en stil!! we missen je, de katten vooral ook vertelde papa maar dat mailt hij nog wel. succes! xxxxxx

Roosje said...

il, volgens dymph die hier nu op bezoek is ga je als je in de alpen komt echt niet meer alleen zijn, volgens haar loop je daar waarschijnlijk binnen de kortste keren met andere mensen, dus hopelijk ist dan minder saai! just to let you know. ik ga weer verder met tentamens leren bleeeghh geniet van duitsland jah! xxx