Sunday, May 31, 2009

My poor poor knife...

Day 87
I woke up really early, just because I felt like it and wanted to see the sun come up. I decided to make a detour, because the regular road was around 16km, and I still had quite a bit of time. So I left in the direction of the sea and after around 6km of asfalt finally arrived there! Beautiful views awaited me, along with nice weather (not too hot this early) and.. well sea! After a while I found out I had forgotten my Swiss army knife! The one I had gotten from Benedikt :(. But I thought I had left it in Sarzana, so I'd worry about it later. After a long and nice walk along the beach to Marino di Massa I bought me a cap in military colors after meddling about the price and then went to Massa itself, where after walking back and forth 3 times between the two hospitalities I found out that one didn't work out, and the other only at half past seven. So I called the place where I stayed yesterday to ask if they had found my knife, but the woman only spoke Italian, and without body language it was hard to explain what I wanted. I even asked a guy to call for me, but the woman couldn't help us because she was old and disabled and didn't know. So I took the train back to Sarzana, only to find out that it wasn't there and that I had probably accidently dropped it somewhere. Nooo! So I went back to massa, and waited in front of the door of the house for the poor. Slowly people started coming, and after a while two guys about my age came (they where the volunteers) and then a nice lady who ran the place. After asking I was allowed to stay, and eat with them and the woman even gave me 20€ as support. I was also told to be careful with my stuff because things had been stolen here before. So I hid my camera and wallet under my pillow (original huh?) and had great fun with my two roommates, a 16-year-old Romanian guy and an older guy who both only spoke Italian. (Which was ok, because otherwise I'll never learn ;)). The young guy even shared his food with me, and kept insisting even though I refused. I think I didn't have to hide my stuff.

Day 88
I woke up fairly early, and then had to wait for the guy with the key of the house to wake up. But I set out at 7:00 and walked really far after a lot of asfalt, to finally arrive in Valpromaro, where after asking around I met Don Mario, who showed me the special house for Pilgrims of the Parrocchia San Martino. It was great, with a shower, a kitchen, a garden and everything. So I cooked my pasta and prepared my pizza bread and then went to bed on some kind of beach cauch thingie that was quite uncomfortable. My feet hurt quite a bit after those (according to the priest) 35 kilometers. Oh! And I traded my army colored cap for a blue one, then bought me a permanent marker ard pimped my cap :). Muhahah.

Day 89
After breakfast I talked for a while with Don Mario, and then set out to Lucca, a really beautifull city. On the way I met 2 American pilgrims, in around my age who where walking from Rome to Santiago de Compostella! They said they had been on the road for 18 days so far, which means that I'm getting really close! Great to see I'm not the only crazy young person in the world. I went to the Ostella della Gioventù and then played tourist the rest of the day. I had my shoes patched up and in the evening went outside to draw and watch the sunset.

Day 90 Today
I again slept badly because of snoring roommates (I have got to buy me some earplugs), but had a nice breakfast and then set out. I arrived rather early in Altopascio and started looking for the free place to stay. And I kept looking.. and asking... and looking, but after a while it turned out that it was the Gym hall, and that it was open but nobody was there. And because it's sunday, the tourist information was closed, and nobody knew anything. A woman helped me ask around, and even called the local police to ask if they knew, but that was exactly the problem, nobody knew. So I went to a not-too-cheap hotel and watched some tv and then went here. Today was quite boring. And the supermarkets are closed too so I'm gonna have to go to a restaurant tonight.

Short update and no pictures, but that's what it is :). Thanks for the comments!

Jerry: cool! Ik hoop het een beetje interessant is haha ;).
mammie: hihi wist je dan nog niet dat ik het leuk vind? vandaag dus een beetje saai, maar morgen ga ik het chill hebben :D. Kus!
Mar: ja dat wilde ik nog doen! ik wilde dat dan aan de zijkant ergens doen, maar lings kan je niks doen met blogger haha. Anders doe ik het later wel. (Ga zo eerst eten). Dank voor je berichtje! Kus

2 comments:

Gungnir said...

Balen van je mes :(

Ik vind het trouwens heel interessant om te lezen en ook echt inspiratievol.

Veel plezier,

Grtz Jerry.

Anonymous said...

Jeempie, al zo dichtbij! Denk eraan: blijven genieten van iedere stap, want dit is je bagage voor de rest van je leven, dus kan maar beter elke stap een geweldige ervaring zijn!
Liefs van je ape bere trotse moeder!
ps: kan opeens niet meer inloggen met je gebruikersnaam en wachtwoord om wat engelse punten op de i te zetten!en zit er een spatie na ilja?